History

History

Rubber has been our world, right from the very beginning. Even when the company was founded in Vienna in 1948, everything at BATEGU revolved around one material: rubber. After the development and expansion of BATEGU, the first automated production of small precision components began in 1975.

Only the best are permitted to work on projects for the European Space Agency (ESA). In 1990 BATEGU took part in the development of the flexible bearings for a new engine control system for the ARIANE 5 rocket.

In 1950 the Metal Division is being established with stamping, cold forming, turning, grinding, milling, and drilling operations.

In 1951 Series production of rubber-metal composite parts using steel, brass, and aluminium.

In 1962 the new compound supplier opens.

In 1972 the production of injection molding machines begins.

In 1975 the automated production of small precision parts begins.

In 1994 BATEGU set a milestone in company history by winning the “EUREKA Lillehammer Award” for the development of rubber-bonded, powerful neodymium-iron-boron permanent-magnets.

In 1996 the ISO 9001 quality management system is introduced.

Today, as a manufacturer of sealing, oscillating and drive elements, BATEGU supplies numerous industries worldwide with the innovative, specialised products made of rubber.